Bills enacted during the current session
19 records found
Medicaid Fraud, HB 1719
• Strengthens criminal law penalties for Medicaid fraud, allows for restitution to those defrauded and permits recovery of prosecution expenses. Passed House and Senate. Signed by Governor on 4/11/19.
Telephone Solicitation, SB 514
• Regulates robocalls and spoofing. Provides violators may be held criminally liable as a Class D felony.
Criminal Penalties, HB 151
• Increases penalties and fines for acts of insurance fraud. Passed House and Senate and signed by the Governor on 3/26/19.
Telephone Solicitation, HB 84
• Prohibits misleading caller identification information or misrepresenting the origin of the telephone solicitation. Imposes jail times of 90 days to 1 year and fines of $500-$5000.00 Passed House and Senate and signed Governor on 3/26/19.
Restitution, HB 92
• Updates interest rate awards on restitution orders and civil suits against those committing fraud. Passed House and Senate signed by Governor on 3/19/19.
Counterfeit Airbags, LB 7
• Prohibits the marketing and installation of counterfeit airbags. Signed by Governor into law on 3/7/19.
Surprise Billing, HB 207
• Prohibits surprise and out-of-network billing by medical service providers who are not a part of a patient's service network. Companion bill to S.B. 337. Passed House on 2/28/19 to Senate. Companion bill SB 337 signed into law on 4/3/19.
Balanced Billing, SB 337
• Prohibits surprise and out-of-network billing by medical service providers who are not a part of a patient's service network. Companion bill to H.B. 207. Passed House & Senate and signed by Governor on 4/3/19.
Criminal Penalties , SB 2077
• Redefines insurance fraud criminal classifications for increased prosecution and sets statutes of limitations for charges. Passed Senate 1/9/19 and House on 3/11/19 and signed by Governor on 3/14/19.
Medicaid Fraud, SB 2347
• Creates a Medicaid fraud control unit within the attorney general's office. Provides both criminal and civil penalties and recovery for actions involving Medicaid fraud. Passed Senate and House, signed by Governor on 4/8/19.
Public Adjuster Licensing, HB 1219
• Mandates licensure and written contracts for public adjusters. Prohibits payment or reimbursement for insurance deductibles by third parties. Passed House & Senate, signed by Governor on 4/8/19.
Counterfeit Airbags, HB 1143
• Prohibits the marketing and installation of counterfeit airbags. Passed House and Senate. Signed by Governor on 3/26/19.
Counterfeit Airbags, HB 2143
• Prohibits the sale or installation of counterfeit airbags. Passed House and Senate. Signed by Governor on 3/14/19.
Fraud Disclosure, HB 2344
• Authorizes the Commissioner to provide to insurers and anti-fraud organizations vehicle information, including the owner's name and address, descriptive data and title, registration, vehicle activity data, and driver information including name, license number and classification, date of birth, and address information for each driver under the age of 22 licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Passed House and Senate and signed by Governor on 3/18/19.
Public Adjusters, SB 1415
• Provides public adjusting includes soliciting an insured; expands the list of activities in which any person other than a licensed public adjuster is prohibited from engaging to include preparing, completing, or filing an insurance claim on behalf of an insured or acting on behalf of an insured in negotiating settlement of a claim. Passed Senate and House and signed by Governor on 3/19/19.
Public Adjuster Licensing, SB 1222
• Requires fingerprinting and federal background checks to be performed on all persons seeking a public adjuster's license. Licenses must be renewed every 2 years. Passed House & Senate. Signed by Governor on on 3/21/19.
Medicaid Fraud, HB 2867
• Transfers the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit to the Attorney General's office. Companion bill to SB 318 which passed and was signed by Governor.
Medicaid Fraud, SB 318
• Transfers the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit to the Attorney General's office. Companion bill to HB 2867. Passed Senate and House signed by Governor on 3/25/19.
Medicaid Fraud, SF 85
• Establishes the Medicaid fraud control unit within the office of the attorney general; requires access to Medicaid records; creates criminal penalties relating to Medicaid fraud and authorizes exclusion or suspension of Medicaid providers committing fraud. Signed by governor on 2/26/19.